8+ Best Leaf Blower [Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales, 2022]
Got leaves? This time around of year almost all of us do: on our lawn and driveway, our walks and roof, and in the gardens and gutters. Nothing quicker relocates leaves to more desirable areas when compared to a leaf blower. Considering that leaf removal can be an autumn priority, we visited work that will help you find the appropriate model leaf blower to complete the job. Compared to that end, we tested 10 machines across several popular categories. We evaluated traditional gas-engine models and two-stroke models that take the familiar 40:1 and 50:1 fuel-oil blends. And half of the machines we tested are powered by a battery, the most ever inside our test history-electric blowers (and other battery-operated power tools) continue steadily to improve and impress.
What you ought to FIND OUT ABOUT Leaf Blowers
Gas or Battery Powered
We realize from experience that the run time of handheld cordless leaf blowers is brief, but we never measured it until this test. For gas-engine machines, they often times run for one hour or even more on a tank of fuel. Battery options appeal for many reasons: They produce no fumes, and so are easy to operate (there’s no gas engine to start out), typically lighter, and remarkably powerful. For extended leaf-clearing sessions, however, they might need multiple battery. Gas-engine blowers have longer run times than cordless blowers, and if you’ve got extreme leaf clearing ahead, there’s no replacement for their power and capability to be rapidly refueled and continue.
Backpack or Handheld
By taking the strain off your arm and wrist, a backpack model can permit longer sessions; you could be less tired when you’re done. Also, a backpack model enables you to stop blowing leaves to go a gas grill, or some yard furniture, taken care of without needing to set the blower down or transform it off. Alternatively, these backpack models are bulkier machines and will take up more space in your garage or shed. Handhelds are smaller, lighter, and could become more maneuverable in tight spaces.
So, which do you get?
The thicker and wetter your leaf cover and the more debris blended with it, such as for example twigs and nuts, the more leaf-moving power you will need. If all you need is a thin layer that’s no deeper compared to the top of your shoes, a handheld or light-duty backpack will suffice. Either gas or electric should work. Ankle-deep leaves, particularly if they are wet, require a gas or electric backpack blower. Shin-deep leaves and deeper? Contact a pro-grade gas-engine backpack blower. If you want your machine and then sweep leaves or grass clippings from a driveway or sidewalk, go with a light-duty option-you won’t need as much capacity to move them across pavement, which includes significantly less friction than grass.
How We Tested
All of the blowers in this review were put through the same band of tests to have a clear impression of performance and usability. We performed an erosion test by hitting a 6×14-foot trapezoid of pavement covered in sawdust with an individual blast, to greatly help visualize the airflow of every blower. We also used them to clear a layer of leaves from a 6×12-foot rectangle of grass, and we measured run time of the cordless products by operating them consistently at maximum power. Our final test to measure air speed was possibly the most unusual in the annals of testing at Popular Mechanics. In order to measure boosts to 250mph, we primarily took our blowers to a tiny rural airport and measured air speed using the anemometer on an aircraft. With the success, and knowledge gained, from the original test, we purchased an MGL Avionics Stratomaster Vega air speed indicator (anemometer), powered it with a 12-volt DC power source, and built out own testing apparatus-air speed was measured six inches from the end of the bl
BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* Cordless Sweeper with Power Boost (LSW321)
$63.98 in stock
1 used from $71.99
- 130 MPH sweeper easily clears debris from hard surfaces
- Low noise design allows for quiet operation
- Up to 25 minutes of runtime allows you to complete a variety of tasks
- POWERBOOST increases power to clear stubborn debris
- Part of the 20V MAX System; 1 System - Endless Tasks. Power for your Style
BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* Cordless Sweeper (LSW221), Pack of 1
$79.00 in stock
3 used from $51.20
- Easily clears debris from hard surfaces like driveways, decks, and garages
- Air speed up to 130 miles per hour
- Operates on a 20V Max 1.5 Ampere hour Lithium Ion battery that holds its charge for up to 18 months. Noise rating (dB): 61
- Lightweight with a low noise design. Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. The nominal voltage is 18
- Part of the 20 volt max system
Expansion Wellness Leaf Blower - 320 CFM 150 MPH Cordless Sweeper & Jet Blower with 21V/4.0Ah Battery & Charger - Portable & Lightweight Leaf Blowers for Lawn Care & Snow Blowing
- Neat Cleaning With Improved Motor Speed: Keep your garden pleasantly clean and neat with our cordless blowers for lawn care. It comes with a powerful motor that produces high airflow of up to 150 mph, making your garden maintenance and other cleaning jobs much easier.
- Lightweight Cordless Design: Our electric blower weighs only 6lb, making it very much portable. It is very easy to use and doesn't eat much of your storage space. With the cordless design, you can comfortably operate your blower with one hand.
- 21V 4.0Ah Battery And Charger: This battery-operated leaf blower has quick charge technology that takes only 3 hours for your battery to charge completely. A fully charged blower may run can run at high speed for 15-25 minutes.
- 2 Section Tubes And 6-speed Dial: It's now easy to blow leaves in your yard, sweep light snowfall from your sidewalk, clean debris and pet hair in your house, and remove dust from hard-to-clean corners. Thanks to these electric leaf blowers with variable-speed triggers.
- Package Includes: A cordless battery-powered leaf blower, two extension tubes, a rechargeable 4.0Ah lithium-ion battery, a charger, and a user handbook are included in the package. It just takes a few minutes to assemble the pieces before you start using your blower.